Easy and Savory Pumpkin Hummus
This delicious, healthy and Easy and Savory Pumpkin Hummus is vegan, gluten free, and low in carbohydrates. Great for dipping!
- Tahini- 2 tablespoons. recipe for homemade tahini here or you can buy your own tahini online here.
- Lemon Juice– 2 tablespoons. Fresh lemon juice seems to taste best in this recipe. However you can use bottles lemon juice if needed.
- Garbanzo chickpeas beans – 1 fifteen ounce can drained and rinsed.
- Garlic- 3 cloves minced or chopped.
- Olive Oil extra virgin -1 tablespoon. Plus extra for drizzling when serving.
- Pumpkin Puree- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree .
- Ground Cumin– 1 ½ teaspoons.
- Additional seasonings as desired- I suggest 2 -3 teaspoons in total. Salt Paprika, Ground Cinnamon, or Ground Cumin.
In a small bowl, mix together the tahini and lemon juice.
Next, in your blender or food processor, combine together the garbanzo beans, garlic and olive oil. Process this until smooth and then add the tahini and lemon juice and process until smooth.
Add 1 cup of the pumpkin puree and any desired seasonings and process until smooth. If your hummus seems to be a bit dry, you can add a tablespoon or so of any remaining liquid from the garbanzo beans. You can also add additional pumpkin puree (up to the entire 15 ounce can) as desired.
Transfer to a container, cover the container and refrigerate for 2 ½ to 3 hours before serving to allow for the flavors to blend together. Top will drizzled olive oil and any desired seasonings or toppings and then serve.
Start with one cup of pumpkin puree and then add additional as need for color, taste, or consistency.
I mentioned that using canned Garbanzo (chickpeas) beans is an easy way to go for making hummus. Before adding them to the recipe be sure to drain then rinse the beans first. Some folks like to save the drained liquid for adding later to add a bit to the hummus to thin in out as needed.
I also suggested using canned pumpkin puree for this recipe.
Adding pumpkin will give this hummus a great taste and color. Start with a cup and add more as desired. Using a 15 ounce canned pumpkin puree for this recipe rather than fresh as it will be easier to work with.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Calories: 76kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Fat: 3g | Fiber: 3g
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!