Grilled Portobello Caprese Burgers
This delicious and simple recipe for Grilled Portobello Caprese Burgers are the perfect summertime meal especially for vegans, vegetarians, and Mediterranean diet followers!
Servings: 4 servings
- Portobello Mushrooms- 4. Prepare your mushrooms as suggested above. I suggested that it is a good idea to wipe the cap of the mushroom down with a paper towel. Also turn the mushroom upside down and twist out the stem. Then you can scoop out the gills from inside the mushroom cap.
- Olive Oil- 1 teaspoon per mushrooms plus additional as needed to prepare the grill grates.
- Mozzarella Cheese- 4 slices or as needed if using shredded. Omit this if you are making a vegan burger.
- Tomatoes- 4 Roma sliced or other tomatoes sliced grape, vine, or whatever you prefer.
- Basil- 4-6 leaves preferred chopped.
- Seasonings as desired. his can include Italian Seasonings Salt, and/or Pepper.
Prepare your grill for nonstick as needed ( I lightly brush mine with oil) . Preheat the grill to medium to medium high (depending on the kind of grill you are using as indoor grills may vary with their heating).
Brush oil all over each mushroom and season as desired. Allow this to rest for 5-ten minutes.
Grill the mushrooms with the caps up for five minutes and flip them over. Grill for another five minutes and then add the remaining ingredients. Continue grilling for two to three minutes or until done. The mushroom will be tender and the cheese should be melted.
Tip: brush the mushrooms with additional oil as needed while they are grilling to keep them moist.
I mentioned that before making these burgers it is a good idea to wipe the cap of the mushroom down with a paper towel.
Also, turn the mushroom upside down and twist out the stem. Then you can scoop out the gills from inside the mushroom cap.
I also mentioned that I have made this recipe on an indoor grill.
I am a huge fan of indoor grills as they are easy to use and clean up and can also be used year round.
If you are planning on making this recipe on an indoor grill the cooking times may vary as that is the nature of indoor grilling.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 373mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!