I hate when my personal information is given out.
That is why I will never give yours out.
As a matter of fact, the only time that I, on behalf of this site, will gather your information is when you sign up for my cool newsletter or leave me a cool comment.
However, I do use have advertising on this site. And, Google Analytics is checking out who is visiting me.
These folks may be gathering information, as they do on other sites.
What information is collected here?
- If you decide to leave a comment, you are asked to leave an email address. This is mostly to make sure that your comment is not a spam comment and that you are a real person. There is an option (see check box) in the comment section for you to choose to or not to save your name and information for your next visit to the FoodWineandLove.com.
- Google Analytics lets me know a general description of folks who have visited my site. This is to let me know what content is popular so that I can bring you more like it in the future.
- When you sign up for my cool newsletter I need an email address to send it to. If you look at the newsletter then you will clearly see a way for you to control your information. Also, I only use your email address to send the newsletter and will never lend it or sell it to anyone.
- There may also be third party cookies and other information which I have no control over. I do want to let you know that Amazon and advertising help me pay for this site. They may be tracking information for their purposes. Also, I use third party wordpress plug-ins to make this site even better. Plug-ins such as the one used here for you to share content across social media, say that they are compliant for GDPR.
- Sponsored content, although rare on this site, may also come with information concerning data collection and use. You will see more information about this on the sponsored content post itself.
- There are security measures on this site that prevent harm to this site and to the information that visitors may be interested in. Sometimes they will monitor the security according to ip addresses.
- Google Advertising Privacy and Terms
- WordPress Commenting Privacy Information
- Chrome Opt In
- Mozilla Opt In
- Safari Opt In
- Learn More about opting out of network advertising
The Legal Stuff
Advertising Privacy Statement
This Site is affiliated with AdThrive, LLC (“AdThrive”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site. AdThrive uses standard and widely-available tools for the placement and serving of ads, including those provided by Google, Inc. and its affiliates. We publish interest-based advertisements on the Site; that is, ads that are tailored to reflect your interests. To help understand your interests, AdThrive, Google and our other advertising partners will track your behaviour on our website and on other websites across the Internet using cookies.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
For European Economic Area Residents
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws you have the rights, among other things, to access your personal data, have us erase it, and/or restrict its further processing. If you wish to access or delete your personal data (if any) maintained by us or AdThrive related to advertising on the Site, you can contact us at email@example.com and contact AdThrive at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to see a list of the advertising partners we work with or change which of those partners track your behavior using cookies, click the ad preferences link at the bottom of the site. (Available in the EU.)
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Google Chrome or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We use third party advertisements on sample.adthrive.com to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
You can chose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in your browser. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here: www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy