This recipe for Slow Cooker Carrot Soup is really perfect for those cold days or even holiday dinner serving.
I like how healthy this soup actually can be!
Slow Cooker Carrot Soup
If you saw my recipe for Slow Cooker Vegetarian Minestrone Soup then you know how much I like to use a slow cooker for making soup. I mean, slow cooking anything is both easy and convenient in so many ways if you ask me.
This soup is especially nice for those moments when you want something warm yet, with a healthy twist to it.
However, you could be someone who needs a change from the usual broth soups such as chicken noodle. This soup is perfect for vegan and vegetarian diets as well.
You may be wondering what is the best slow cooker.
To be honest, there are a lot of great choices of slow cookers to choose from. Possibly the most famous brands of slow cookers is the crock pot brand. Crock pot has many choices of slow cookers from your inexpensive basic, yet dependable, slow cooker to your programmable one.
Sometimes you need a basic slow cooker to get the job done and other times you need one appliance that does more than one thing.
Personally, I like having options even if the option of choice at the moment is the basic on. However, sometimes I really can appreciate the need for one pot that does many things such as one of these multi cookers.
This recipe is just one more thing that you can do with baby carrots.
However, any kind of carrot will do as we are going to chop them up anyway. As long as your carrots are peeled or scrubbed and have the tops removed, you should be good with this recipe.
I should also mention just how healthy carrots are.
Sure carrots are yummy and sweet in their own way however, they are also a healthy vegetable. Carrots low in calories yet high in vitamin A. I should also mention here that carrots are a source of fiber, protein, potassium, and folate.
Here are some tips to help you with this recipe for slow cooker carrot soup.
I already mentioned that your carrots should be peeled or scrubbed and have the tops removed for this recipe.
You will also need an immersion blender or food processor to help get the right consistency for soup.
Here are some more great tips for your soup.
- Roasting your garlic before adding it to the slow cooker will give your soup a more roasted taste to it.
- Even though this recipe is a great way to use up some older carrots, if you use a sweeter or more fresh carrot you can get a better taste.
- You can easily freeze this soup for enjoying later. Simply allow it to cool and then transfer it to freezer bags or containers.
This carrot soup can easily be made vegan or vegetarian.
For added taste, try adding an additional vegetable or two.
Adding a chopped onion is one great idea to add some taste to this recipe. Also, other vegetables such as celery or a chopped potato can add to both the taste and consistency of this soup.
Make this soup an thicker and more hearty soup.
I get that sometimes you need a heartier soup especially if your soup is your meal. You can make this soup hearty by subbing in Greek Yogurt or coconut milk for some of the broth.
By the way, while you are here you may also be interested in these ideas.
- The Best Easy Italian Bruschetta
- Easiest Greek Salad in Vinaigrette Dressing.
- Homemade Hummus
- How to Follow the Mediterranean Diet.
Slow Cooker Carrot Soup
Delicious Slow Cooker Carrot Soup
As mentioned, any kind of carrot will do in this as we are going to chop them up anyway. As long as your carrots are peeled or scrubbed and have the tops removed, you should however be good with this recipe.
Here is what you will need to make this Slow Cooker Carrot Soup.
- Carrots- 3 pounds, scrubbed or scraped and with the tops cut off.
- Chicken soup broth – one 48 ounce container. That is about six cups. Feel free to sub in a vegan or vegetarian broth or Greek Yogurt (for partial) or coconut milk (for partial) instead.
- Garlic- 4 cloves chopped or minced. That’s about 4 teaspoons of minced garlic .
- Olive Oil – 1/4 cup.
- Seasonings to taste. This can include Salt, Ground Ginger, and or Ground Cumin.
How to make Slow Cooker Carrot Soup.
- For a roasted taste you can also roast your garlic before adding it to the slow cooker.
- Add the carrots, broth, garlic and oil to the slow cooker. It is also important that there is enough broth to cover the other ingredients. If you are short you can add additional broth or water as needed.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for an hour and a half. Then turn the slow cooker down to low. Cook for another 5-6 hours or until the vegetable are soft.
- For the next step we will puree the soup to a good consistency. To do this you will need an immersion blender or food processor to help get the right consistency for soup. If you are using a food processor to do this you will need to do it in batches. Please be careful as the soup may be hot.
- Return the soup to the slow cooker and season as desired. Keep the soup on low or warm until serving.
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to make this recipe, please stop back and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, if you have any tips or tweaks to the recipe to share, please do so in the comment section below. My readers like to stop by periodically for updates on the recipes. Reading the comments below is helpful to these readers and hopefully to you too!!
Looking for a recipe that is not on my site?
Please let me know and I will on getting that recipe for you.
Happy baking, eating, and enjoying life!
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used.
This delicious and easy to make Slow Cooker Carrot Soup is Mediterranean Diet friendly and can thus be made vegan or vegetarian as well.