Mediterranean Diet Cilantro Lime Chicken Breasts is a simple and delicious recipe made with just six ingredients.
Marinated in a cilantro and lime juice, this chicken breast is moist and full of delicious flavors, making it perfect for a great tasting meal idea.
Easy cilantro lime chicken mediterranean dish.
It takes about ten minutes to prep this herb-infused flavor to the chicken.
I really like that it takes about 15 minutes to cook the juicy and tender chicken breast in a skillet, air fryer, or on a grill.
Have you tried my recipe for Slow Cooker Mediterranean Diet Chicken?
That Slow Cooker Mediterranean Diet Chicken is another easy and flavorful chicken recipe idea. Both this cilantro and lime chicken recipe and that slow cooker chicken recipe are delicious and simple recipes that are friendly to the Mediterranean diet.
What you will read about in this chicken recipe.
- Easy cilantro lime chicken mediterranean dish.
- Why we love this easy chicken recipe.
- Ingredients needed to make cilantro lime chicken.
- Tips for making the best cilantro lime chicken breasts.
- How to make Mediterranean Diet Cilantro Lime Chicken Breasts.
- How to store Juicy Cilantro Lime Chicken.
- Print the recipe for Mediterranean Diet Cilantro Lime Chicken
Why we love this easy chicken recipe.
This is a healthier way to make a delicious recipe for chicken breast. It is also filled with declivous flavors that we love.
More reasons to like this recipe.
- Made with just six ingredients, this is really a simple recipe.
- This recipe can be served with about anything from whole grain rice to pasta.
- Cooking this chicken on a stove takes about 15 minutes total.
- There are many ways to make this chicken even better with additional seasonings.
- This chicken recipe can also be made on a grill or in an air fryer.
- Leftovers can be sliced up and used to make a great tasting salad or soft taco.
Ingredients needed to make cilantro lime chicken.
- Boneless and skinless chicken breasts. Your chicken breasts should be pounded if needed so that they are similar thickness.
- Lime Juice. Use freshly juiced lime juice for best results.
- Olive Oil. This is used to cook the chicken and other ingredients in.
- Garlic. Freshly minced garlic is recommended.
- Cilantro. Freshly chopped is used for cooking and presenting the chicken.
- Seasonings as desired. My chicken was made with salt and pepper.
Expert Tip👉 When the chicken breasts are a similar size, they will cook more evenly and at the same time. This is why pounding the chicken into a similar thickness is done.
Tips for making the best cilantro lime chicken breasts.
Since this is a Mediterranean diet friendly diet, skinless chicken breasts are used. If you are not a chicken breast fan, thigh meat (boneless and skinless) can be used to make this recipe as well.
More helpful tips for you.
- The marinating process is essential to making this chicken both moist and flavorful. At a minimum, your chicken should be marinated for an hour.
- If in doubt, use a thermometer to be sure that your chicken has cooked to the 165 degrees recommended by the FDA.
- Using a zip top bag to marinate the chicken in is really the easiest way to marinate.
- After removing the chicken from the marinade, it is best to toss everything left in the bag to avoid a food poisoning issue.
- I like to double the marinade recipe so that I can have additional for serving the chicken with. Simple ,mix the ingredients and then separate them so that half goes into the bag and the remainder gets refrigerated for later.
- Chicken should be marinated in a refrigerator and for no more than two days.
How to make Mediterranean Diet Cilantro Lime Chicken Breasts.
Prep Time 10 Minutes .
Cook Time 15 minutes .
Servings 4 .
(detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.)
- Prepare your chicken as needed.
- Combine marinade ingredients and place in a large zip top bag.
- Refrigerate the chicken in the marinade for at least an hour.
- Cook the chicken in a skillet.
- Serve the chicken and enjoy!
Expert Tip👉 This chicken can be air fried at 380 or grilled on medium heat for five to seven minutes on each side until fully cooked.
How to store Juicy Cilantro Lime Chicken.
Leftover chicken should be stored in an airtight container. If properly stored and refrigerated, this chicken should keep for up to a few days.
You may also be interested in
- Mediterranean Diet Mug Cake- Olive Oil
- Mediterranean Diet Lemon Honey Chicken Breast
- Foil Packet Chicken Breast Dinner
- Air Fryer Caprese Stuffed Chicken
- Mediterranean Diet Chicken Salad
- Mediterranean Style Chicken Piccata
Print the recipe for Mediterranean Diet Cilantro Lime Chicken
Mediterranean Diet Cilantro Lime Chicken Breasts
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Garlic - minced
- 1 tsp Seasonings - such as salt and or pepper (total amount).
- ½ cup Cilantro - chopped and divided
- Prepare your chicken as needed. It is a good idea for the chicken to be at a uniform thickness for even cooking.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, except to the oil and a ¼ cup of cilantro, in a large zip top bag. Then place the prepared chicken in to the bag and seal it well. Turn the bag around and upside down to full coat all of the chicken
- Refrigerate the zip top bag and ingredients for a minimum of one hour.
- Heat the olive oil a large skillet over medium to high heat for one minute.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook it for five minutes, Then flip the chicken over and cook for chicken for and additional five to seven minutes or until done (golden brown on the outside and 165 degrees on the inside).
- Serve the chicken with the remaining cilantro and additional marinade or lime juice as desired.
Also, please see the actual recipe post for further details on this recipe. Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See Foodwineandlove.com for details on this recipe.
originally posted:February 5, 2024
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Mediterranean Diet Cilantro Lime Chicken Breasts, a simple and delicious dinner recipe made with chicken marinated in flavorful olive oil.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.