Overnight Steel Cut Oats With Fruit is a delicious and filling breakfast idea.
These overnight oats are creamy and lush with sweetness coming from the fresh fruit that is added.
Easy Overnight Steel Cut Oats With Fruit.
A simple make ahead breakfast idea that has so many great options.
These tasty overnight oats can be made the night before and enjoyed as a 'grab-and-go' healthy breakfast idea the next day.
Did you try my Easy Chia Overnight Oats recipe?
That overnight recipe is made with both rolled oats and chia seeds. Both this steel cut oat recipe and that rolled oat and chia seed recipe are nice ideas for 'grab and go' breakfast ideas.
This recipe for overnight oat can be made and stored in a mason jar with lid. You can find a selection of mason jars here.
Frequently asked questions about overnight oats.
Overnight oats are oats that have been combined with liquid and other ingredients and then allowed to sit overnight. Sitting overnight allows the oats to absorb the liquid making for a delicious breakfast.
What makes overnight oats so good?
Certainly overnight oats are amazing when served the next day for breakfast along with fruit and other toppings. However, when placed in individual jars, overnight oats make for a convenient on-the-go breakfast or meal idea.
Steel cut oats are oats that have had minimal processing.
As a result, these oats are more coarse, dense, and fiber packed.
When using steel cut oats in a recipe such as overnight oats, keep in mind that it can take longer to soak up the liquid. This means that you may need to add additional liquid or allow the oats to soak longer.
Tips for making overnight oats.
Steel cut oats are used in this recipe as they are more fiber-rich and hearty than other kinds of oats. This means that these oats will need a bit longer to soften than other oats used in an overnight recipe such as this one..
Here are some more great tips for you.
- These overnight oats are topped with Banana slices, blackberries, and cacao nibs. Feel free to omit any of these toppings or use the topping of you choice.
- Steel cut oats are thicker and as a result, can make your overnight oats a bit more dense than other overnight oats. To get a softer and more creamy overnight oats, you can use another kind of oats or simply leave your oats in the fridge for an extra night.
- Adding a tablespoon of peanut butter to your oats can also make them creamier. Peanut butter also tastes great as a topping with the bananas!
How to store overnight oats.
Leftover steel cut overnight oats should be stored and refrigerated. If properly stored, they can keep for up a five days (and they will get creamier too!).
By the way, while you are here you may also be interested in these ideas.
- Oat Flour Vegan Muffin Recipe
- Mediterranean Diet Air Fried Zucchini Chips
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates
- Mediterranean Diet Olive Oil Crackers
- No Bake Vegan Carrot Cake Bars
- Vegan Double Chocolate Cupcakes
- Quick Double Chocolate Loaf Cake
- Mediterranean Diet Chickpea and Vegetable Stew
About this recipe for Overnight Steel Cut Oats With Fruit.
This is a simple recipe for making an overnight oatmeal breakfast. Steel cut oats are combined with vegan milk and other ingredients and then refrigerated.
During the refrigeration process, the oats are allowed to soak up the vegan milk to create a creamy consistency.
The longer these oats are allowed to soak, the creamier the consistency of the oats can get. To serve, simply stir the ingredients and then top with banana slices, blackberries and cacao nib (or the topping of your choice).
Ingredients needed to make steel cut overnight oats.
- Steel Cut Oats. These are a more harty and fiber filled variety of oats. Feel free to use another oat if desired.
- Vegan Milk. My overnight oats were made using almond choice.
- Sweetener. By 'sweetener' I mean liquid such as agave syrup or maple syrup. You can alternatively use the liquid sweetener of your choice.
- Chia Seeds These seeds are added for texture and for nutritional benefits.
- Toppings- my oats have been topped with sliced bananas, blackberries, and cacao nibs.
How to make Overnight Steel Cut Oats With Fruit.
- In a large bowl, combine together the oats, vegan milk, sweetener, and chia seeds.
- Mix the ingredients until fully combined.
- Cover the bowl well or transfer the ingredients to an airtight container.
- Refrigerate the ingredients overnight.
- Stir the ingredients after sitting overnight.
- Serve the overnight oats with optional toppings or transfer to individual serving jars and refrigerate.
Expert Tip👉 Overnight oats work because the oats soak up the liquid around them. While they will first seem to be 'liquidy', the longer the ingredients sit, the more liquid the oats get to soak up. If your overnight oats are too thick for your likings, you can stir in additional milk alternative.
👇👇👇 Related recipes you may also be interested in.👇👇👇
In case you missed it...
- Easy Overnight Steel Cut Oats With Fruit.
- Frequently asked questions about overnight oats.
- Tips for making overnight oats.
- How to store overnight oats.
- About this recipe for Overnight Steel Cut Oats With Fruit.
Overnight Steel Cut Oats With Fruit, a simple and delicious healthy breakfast recipe friendly to vegan, gluten free, and Mediterranean diets.
Overnight Steel Cut Oats With Frui
Toppings (optional)- sliced banana, blackberries, and cacao nibs
- In a large bowl, combine together the oats, vegan milk, sweetener, and chia seeds. Mix the ingredients until fully combined.
- Cover the bowl well or transfer the ingredients to an airtight container. Refrigerate the ingredients overnight.
- Stir the ingredients after sitting overnight. Serve the overnight oats with optional toppings or transfer to individual serving jars and refrigerate
Also, please see the actual recipe post for further details on this recipe. Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See Foodwineandlove.com for details on this recipe.
originally posted:March 13, 2023
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to make this recipe, please stop back and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, if you have any tips or tweaks to the recipe to share, please do so in the comment section below. My readers like to stop by periodically for updates on the recipes. However, your tips and tricks are also helpful to others. As a result, please share them.
Looking for a recipe that is not on my site?
Please let me know and I will thus work on getting that recipe for you.
Happy baking, eating, and enjoying life!
Lastly, nutritional Information is only an estimate and thus, can however also, vary especially with ingredients that are used.