Vegan Creamy Peanut Sauce is really a simple idea that has quite a few uses.
This tasty sauce is creamy and is loaded with sweet and savory flavors including the rich peanuts.
Creamy Peanut Sauce made for vegans.
This is a quick and simple recipe that can be made in about 15 minutes.
while this peanut sauce is perfect for serving with meals, this sauce also works as a dip for appetizers or as a dressing for your favorite salads.
Did you try my recipe for Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates?
That is another tasty use for peanut butter but, in a snack or dessert. Both this recipe for sauce and that recipe for stuffed dates are perfect for vegan dining.
To make this recipe you will need vegan creamy and unsalted peanut butter. You can find vegan creamy and unsalted peanut butter here.
Frequently asked questions about Peanut Sauce.
Peanut sauce, often referred to as sate sauce, is an Asian sauce that is enjoyed all over the world. The base of this sauce is made with peanuts which are accented with spicy, salty, and tangy ingredients.
Depending on the food that is is served with, peanut sauce can be made thick or thin in consistency. It can also be made more or less spicy as needed.
Many Asian meals are served with peanut sauce for dipping meat or vegetable in. However, peanut sauce has many uses as it is popular.
🟣As a dip with vegetables or chips.
🔵Served as a dressing for salads.
🟡Used as a marinade for chicken.
Tips for making peanut sauce.
My peanut sauce was made using peanut butter. However, you can use another nut butter or even a seed butter to make your sauce if desired.
Here are some more great tips for you.
- Coconut milk was used as a liquid ingredient to make this more like a sauce. You could alternatively use a nut milk to thin out your sauce as needed.
- This is really a customizable recipe for peanut sauce. Feel free to add hot sauce to make your peanut sauce even better.
- Vegan (gluten free) tamari sauce is a standard peanut sauce ingredient that is used in this recipe. Vegan soy sauce can alternatively be used instead.
How to store Homemade Peanut Sauce
This sauce should be stored in an airtight jar or container and refrigerated. If properly stored, it should also keep for about a week.
By the way, while you are here you may also be interested in these ideas.
- How to Make Homemade Oat Milk
- Vegan Puttanesca Spaghetti
- Easy Healthy Garlic Cauliflower Rice
- Vegan Spiced Gingerbread Loaf Recipe
- Oat Flour Vegan Muffin Recipe
- Vegan 4 Ingredient Caramel Sauce
- Easy Chia Overnight Oats Recipe
- Vegan Double Chocolate Cupcakes
👉Be sure to follow me on Pinterest| Facebook | and Instagram.
Also, subscribe to my weekly newsletter!
About this recipe for simple vegan creamy peanut sauce.
This is a simple recipe for an Asian inspired sauce made with peanut butter.
However, this recipe is perfect for dipping about anything in or when used as a sauce or dressing.
To make this recipe we will simply combine together the ingredients and then make adjustments as needed.
Or, to make this sauce a dip, you can simple omit any coconut (or other) milk. Lastly, to thin this out as a sauce or dressing, simply add the coconut milk or other milk.
Ingredients needed to make Vegan Creamy Peanut Sauce.
The beauty of this recipe is that the ingredients can be adjusted as needed. For example, for a thinner consistency, add more coconut milk. For a spicier dip, you can add extra sriracha or pepper flakes.
- Creamy Peanut Butter. I like a peanut butter that does not have salt or other ingredients added so that I can adjust these flavors more easily.
- Soy Sauce. To give this recipe that ‘Asian’ flavor. However, gluten free tamari sauce can alternatively be used.
- Rice Vinegar. Alternatively, fresh lime juice can be used to give this that acidic balance.
- Chili Garlic Sauce. You can alternatively use sriracha sauce for the heat element in your peanut sauce.
- Maple Syrup. Gives this dip that perfect sweet taste to balance out the flavors. However, you can alternatively use honey to make this vegetarian.
- Ginger. While not a lot of ginger is used in this recipe, your ginger should also be freshly ground if possible.
- Garlic. Minced or chopped small. If you are using chili garlic sauce, you can omit this.
- Coconut Milk. This is added to thin out this recipe as needed to use as a sauce or dressing. However, any nut milk or even water could do this too depending on how rich you want your sauce to be.
- Optional- red pepper flakes.
Expert Tip👉 This recipe can be made in a bowl or a blender. To make a thinner consistency sauce or dressing, you should make this in a blender. For a thicker dip, a bowl should suffice.
How to make Vegan Creamy Peanut Sauce
- Add your peanut butter to your bowl or blender. Then give the peanut butter a quick pulse or stir to help loosen it up.
- Next, mix in the soy sauce and rice vinegar until blended.
- Add the chili garlic sauce, maple syrup, and garlic and mix until blended.
- Lastly, blend in the coconut milk. You can also further add additional as needed until you reach your desired consistency.
- Finally, taste your peanut sauce and make adjustments as needed for flavor.
Expert Tip👉 Add chopped nut for added texture after you have made your peanut sauce.
👇👇👇 Related recipes you may also be interested in.👇👇👇
In case you missed something.
Vegan Creamy Peanut Sauce, a simple and delicious recipe for a dip, dressing, or sauce for a favorite dish.
Vegan Creamy Peanut Sauce
- ½ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce – see post for alternatives
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar – see post for alternatives
- 1 ½ tsp Chili Garlic Sauce – see post for alternatives
- 1 ½ tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 2 tbsp Coconut Milk – see post for alternatives
- Add you peanut butter to your bowl or blender. Then give the peanut butter a quick pulse or stir to help loosen it up.
- Next, mix in the soy sauce and rice vinegar until blended. Add the chili garlic sauce, maple syrup, and garlic and mix until blended.
- Lastly, blend in the coconut milk. You can add additional as needed until you reach your desired consistency.
- Taste your peanut sauce and make adjustments as needed for flavor.
Also, please see the actual recipe post for further details on this recipe. Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. To make this recipe fully vegan, please make sure that you are using fully vegan ingredients.
See Foodwineandlove.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to make this recipe, please stop back and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, if you have any tips or tweaks to the recipe to share, please do so in the comment section below. My readers like to stop by periodically for updates on the recipes. However, your tips and tricks are also helpful to others. As a result, please share them.
Looking for a recipe that is not on my site?
Please let me know and I will thus work on getting that recipe for you.
Happy baking, eating, and enjoying life!
Lastly, nutritional Information is only an estimate and thus, can however also, vary especially with ingredients that are used.