A Vegan 4 Ingredient Caramel Sauce that is made with healthier ingredients.
This delicious caramel sauce tastes lush rich sweet caramel but, without all of the sugar and dairy.
Vegan 4 Ingredient Caramel Sauce that you can make in a just a few minutes.
This caramel sauce can also be stored and enjoyed later on.
Did you try my Caramel Sauce made with sugar?
This recipe for caramel sauce that is made using dates. However, if you are not a fan of dates, you can make the other recipe which is also pretty tasty.
This recipe for calls for unsweetened peanut butter. You can find peanut butter with no added sugar here.
This recipe is made with Medjool dates.
Using dates in recipes is common in vegan recipes such as this one.
Dates serve several purposes in this recipe.
🔴 The dates are used to sweeten the carmel sauce.
🟡 They add to the texture of the sauce.
🟠 Lastly, the dates add to the flavor of this recipe.
Many recipes that call for dates recommend that they be soaked first.
This is to soften the dates up so that they can be more easily used as an ingredients.
Soaking the dates is easy and quick to do.
Simply place the dates in a covered bowl with hot water on top for about ten minutes. Then drain the water from the dates and you should be good to go.
Tips for making this easy vegan caramel sauce.
The dates are used in this recipe for both texture and flavor. You will however, need to prepare your pitted dates by soaking them for five minutes in hot water to soften up.
Here are some more great tips for you.
- This recipe can be made in a strong blender or food processor. I would however, not recommend making this by had as the dates will make it hard to work with.
- My caramel sauce was made with coconut milk for both flavor and texture. Feel free to use the vegan milk of your choice, taking texture and flavor into consideration.
- Make your caramel sauce more flavorful. Simply add a teaspoon or two of a flavored extract such as caramel extract.
How to store vegan date caramel.
This tasty caramel should be stored in a jar or airtight container. If properly stored, it should keep for about three weeks refrigerated or longer when frozen.
By the way, while you are here you may also be interested in these ideas.
- No Bake Vegan Brownies With Caramel Topping
- Vegan Pumpkin and Cranberry Muffins
- How to Make Vegan Eggnog
- Vegan Lemon Bars with Shortbread Crust
- No Bake Vegan Carrot Cake Bars
- Vegan Marble Cake with Orange
- No Bake Vegan Coconut Bars
- Vegan Chocolate Granola Bars
- No Bake Vegan Coconut Bars
Keep up to date with my recipes!
--Keep Scrolling to Finish Reading--
About this recipe for vegan caramel sauce.
This is a simple dairy free caramel sauce.
You can easily make this recipe in just a few minutes.
There are several great ways for you to use this caramel sauce.
- On top of your vegan 'nice' cream.
- For dipping fruit such as apples in to.
- With vegan French Toast for breakfast or brunch.
Ingredients needed to make vegan date caramel sauce.
- Medjool Dates. The dates should have the pits removed and be soaked in order to soften them.
- Coconut Milk. Added for flavor and texture.
- Peanut Butter. Unsweetened peanut butter was used in my caramel sauce.
- Sea Salt. This is optional but, is used to help balance out the flavors.
How to make Vegan 4 Ingredient Caramel Sauce.
- Prepare your dates by first removing the pits and then soaking them covered in hot water for ten minutes.
- Drain the water from the dates and then place the dates in your blender or food processor.
- Add the coconut milk and peanut butter to the processor or blender.
- Mix the ingredients until the sauce is free of lumps.
- You can add additional coconut milk as desired to get a smoother or thinner sauce as needed.
- Also, add sea salt as desired.
Expert Tip👉 You can experiment with flavors in this caramel sauce using different nut butters or adding extracts.
👇👇👇 Related recipes you may also be interested in.👇👇👇
Table of contents for this recipe.
Vegan 4 Ingredient Caramel Sauce, a delicious and simple recipe for making a healthier caramel sauce for desserts and dips.
Vegan 4 Ingredient Caramel Sauce
- 10 Medjool Dates
- ½ cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Prepare your dates by first removing the pits and then soaking them covered in hot water for ten minutes. Drain the water from the dates and then place the dates in your blender or food processor.
- Add the coconut milk and peanut butter to the processor or blender. Mix the ingredients until the sauce is free of lumps.
- You can add additional coconut milk as desired to get a smoother or thinner sauce as needed. Also, add sea salt as desired
Also, please see the actual recipe post for further details on this recipe. Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See Foodwineandlove.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!