Easy Vegan Mug Brownie that you will probably love to eat.
I love how chocolaty and tasty this mug brownie tastes too!
Easy Vegan Mug Brownie
This is one of those dessert recipes for one.
That is, it is a single serving recipe for something that tastes delicious too!
Did you try my Vegan 3 Layer Brownies recipe?
That is another tasty vegan brownie dessert that is prefect when you want more than one serving.
This recipe however, is a single serving vegan brownie dessert.
Confused about which vegan milk is the best to use in your recipe?
Here is what you need to know about choosing the right vegan milk..
People often ask what is a mug dessert.
A mug dessert, sometimes called a '60 second' or similar name, is a recipe made for one person.
It is made in a microwave oven, which is why it is sometimes referred to as the amount of time it takes to cook it.
This mug dessert is for a brownie.
You can make this dessert in a mug or ramekin.
Please make sure that what ever you choose to make it in, it is also suitable for cooking in a microwave oven (microwave safe).
What makes a mug dessert so good?
Well, for starters, it is a dessert that is easy to make.
That is, a recipe for one usually calls for fewer ingredients and in smaller amounts.
Here is what else makes this recipe so good.
This recipe is made with unsweetened cocoa.
It also has chocolate chips which makes this dessert both chocolaty and gooey.
Tips for making a mug brownie.
I like to prep my mug before adding the other ingredients.
A quick spray with nonstick will help prevent sticking.
Here are some more great tips for you.
- Make these brownies more like other brownies. Simply add some chopped walnuts or peanut inside or on top.
- Whip up some vegan whipped topping. This is one of my favorite ways to serve this up.
- Make this recipe sugar free. You can do so by swapping the sugar out for some sugar alternative and using sugar free chocolate chips.
- Avoid over mixing and/or over cooking this recipe. Remember, microwaved food can continue to cook after the microwaving has ended.
What is the best kind of a mug to use for a mug dessert.
I mentioned above that the mug that you use should be microwave safe.
It should also be large enough to hold the ingredients.
The best mug to use in this recipe should be at least 16 ounces in size.
How to serve a vegan brownie.
Allow this brownie to cool down before serving it or eating it.
Serve it with some chocolate chips, nuts, or vegan topping.
By the way, while you are here you may also be interested in these ideas.
- Vegan Applesauce Muffins
- Easy Ginger Carrot Soup
- Vegan Sweet Potato Chocolate Cake
- 4 Ingredient Date Balls
- Vegan Sweet Potato Chocolate Truffles
- Mediterranean Diet Vegan Matcha Cookies
- Vegan 3 layer Brownies
- Easy Pumpkin Pie Hummus
About this vegan brownie recipe.
This is a single serving brownie recipe that is made in a mug.
The brownie is baked in a microwave.
This is also a vegan recipe.
There is no dairy other than almond milk used in this recipe.
Please make sure that the ingredients that you are using are also vegan.
Ingredients needed to make a vegan mug brownie.
- Flour- 3 tablespoons, all purpose. Feel free to use a flour alternative.
- Baking Powder- ¼ teaspoon.
- Sugar- 2 tablespoons. You can use less or use a sugar alternative that can be heated for this recipe.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder- 1 tablespoon.
- Oil- 1 tablespoon. Use a neutral oil such as canola.
- Almond Milk- 2 tablespoons.
- Vanilla Extract- ½ teaspoon.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips- 1 ½ tablespoons plus additional as desired for topping.
- Nuts- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped plus additional for serving.
How to make this Easy Vegan Mug Brownie.
- Give your microwave safe mug a quick spray with nonstick. Then place the dry ingredient inside (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking powder). Give the dry ingredients a mix using a small whisk or fork.
- Add the almond milk, oil and vanilla to the mug and stir again until just combined.
- Use a butter knife or small spatula to fold in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave the brownie for 60 seconds. If after a 15 second rest your brownie is too moist in the center, you can microwave for another 15-20 seconds. Keep in mind that baking continues after the microwave stops and that there are no added eggs in this recipe. I prefer mine a bit moist in the center 🙂 .
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to make this recipe, please stop back and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, if you have any tips or tweaks to the recipe to share, please do so in the comment section below. My readers like to stop by periodically for updates on the recipes. Reading the comments below is helpful to these readers and hopefully to you too!!
Looking for a recipe that is not on my site?
Please let me know and I will on getting that recipe for you.
Happy baking, eating, and enjoying life!
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used.
Easy Vegan Mug Brownie, a simple and tasty one minute dessert or snack recipe that keto and vegan diet friendly.
Easy Vegan Mug Brownie
- Give your microwave safe mug a quick spray with nonstick. Then place the dry ingredient inside (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking powder). Give the dry ingredients a mix using a small whisk or fork. Add the almond milk, oil and vanilla to the mug and stir again until just combined.
- Use a butter knife or small spatula to fold in the chocolate chips. Microwave the brownie for 60 seconds. If after a 15 second rest your brownie is too moist in the center, you can microwave for another 15-20 seconds
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See foodwineandlove.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!