Vegan Spring Roll in a Bowl is the perfect light meal for any day.
I like that this is everything that I would want from a spring roll served in a simple bowl!
Vegan Spring Roll in a Bowl
This is a quick and easy recipe that tastes like the sesame flavored vegetables with a hint of Unami.
I really like how easy this meal is to make!
Did you try myEasy Teriyaki Tofu Lettuce Wraps?
That recipe for tofu wraps is also a vegan version of a popular Asian style meal.
While this meal is served in a bowl, that wrap recipe is served in lettuce leaves.
Finding the perfect olive oil can be a pain!
Learn How to Buy Good Olive Oil here.
People sometimes ask what goes into a spring roll.
The recipe for spring rolls differs depending on where in the world you are eating them. What they all have in common is that they are made of a filling contained in a wrapper.
This recipe is based upon what is commonly placed inside of the wrapper of a spring roll.
It is common for a spring roll to be filled with various kinds of vegetables. While spring rolls often contain rice, this recipe uses angel hair rice noodles.
How to serve spring roll in a bowl.
With so many recipes it is common to layer ingredients that go into a bowl recipe.
The bottom of the bowl will often contain the heaviest ingredients while the top layers of the bowl will have the smaller ingredients or the ingredients with moisture to share.
This bowl recipe is different from the usual bowl recipe.
In this bowl recipe, while they may differ in taste and consistency, all of the ingredients are equally important in the layout as a whole. What is also important to this recipe is the presentation of the bowl for serving which means, you can add your ingredients to the bowl as you prefer to.
Tips for making a spring roll.
This recipe can be served with a simple vegan chili mayonnaise sauce.
To make this sauce, simply combine vegan mayonnaise (¼ cup), water (2 tablespoons), sweet chili sauce ( 1 tablespoon), and sriracha sauce (2 teaspoons).
Here are some more helpful tips for you.
- While I am using angel hair rice noodles in this recipe you can use something else. Vermicelli or brown rice noodles are good choices.
- Feel free to add vegetables in addition or instead of what is listed in the ingredients. Good choices include avocado, carrot, celery, and radishes.
- This recipe also calls for shelled edamame. Also called Mukimame, this can be found in most grocery store freezer aisles.
Napa cabbage is also used in most spring roll recipes .
Sometimes Napa cabbage can be hard to find in some locations.
Luckily, there are alternatives that you can use instead.
Try one of these alternatives to Napa cabbage.
- Bok Choy.
- Regular Green Cabbage.
- Swiss Chard.
How to store leftover spring roll in a bowl.
Store any leftover Spring Roll in a bowl in an airtight container.
If properly stored in the refrigerator, it should keep for up to three days.
By the way, while you are here you may also be interested in these ideas.
- Easy Vegan Kung Pao Brussels Sprouts
- Vegan 3 Layer Brownies
- Easy Vegan Mug Brownie
- Vegan Sweet Potato Chocolate Cake
- Chipotle and Roasted Pepper Hummus
- Vegan Sweet Potato Muffins
- 4 Ingredient Date Balls
- Vegan Strawberry Crumble Cake
How to make Sesame Noodles.
You will need:
- Rice Noodles-4 ounces
- Soy Sauce – ¼ cup
- Sesame Oil– 2 tablespoons
- Rice Wine Vinegar– 2 tablespoons.
- Sesame Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Sriracha – 1 teaspoon
How to prepare the Sesame Noodles
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package directions. Drain and rinse the rice noodles under cool water.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, sesame seeds, and sriracha in a small skillet set over medium heat. Bring the sauce to a boil and simmer until the sauce has reduced by about half. Remove the pan from the heat, add the noodles, and toss to combine.
- Set the rice noodles aside until ready to use in this recipe.
Ingredients needed to make Spring Roll in a Bowl.
- Rice Noodles prepared as indicated.
- Olive Oil- 1 tablespoon.
- Napa Cabbage- 2 cups. The cabbage should be washed and sliced thin.
- Avocado- 1. The avocado should be sliced or diced.
- Carrots- 1 cup cut into matchsticks.
- Edamame- 1 cup shelled.
- Cucumber- 1 cup. You can use Persian or English cucumber for this recipe. The cucumber should be sliced thin as well.
- Radish- ½ cup, sliced thin.
- Green Onion- ¼ cup, sliced thin.
- Sesame seeds and chopped peanuts, as desired for garnish
How to make Vegan Spring Roll in a Bowl.
- Prepare the rice noodles as described above.
- Also, prepare the vegan chili mayonnaise sauce as indicated above.
- Heat a high sided skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and Napa cabbage to the skillet, tossing the cabbage as needed to coat and even cook. Feel free to add a pinch of salt if desired for flavor.
- Cook the cabbage for until it begins to wilt, about five to seven minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the cabbage is done cookie, remove the skillet from the heat and allow the cabbage to cool slightly before adding it to the bowls.
- To assemble the bowls, divide the noodles, avocado, carrots, edamame, cucumber, radish, and cabbage between the four bowls. Then top the ingredients with sliced green onion, sesame seeds, and chopped peanuts. Enjoy immediately.
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to make this recipe, please stop back and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, if you have any tips or tweaks to the recipe to share, please do so in the comment section below. My readers like to stop by periodically for updates on the recipes. Reading the comments below is helpful to these readers and hopefully to you too!!
Looking for a recipe that is not on my site?
Please let me know and I will on getting that recipe for you.
Happy baking, eating, and enjoying life!
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used.
Vegan Spring Roll in a Bowl, a quick and easy recipe idea for meal in a bowl using vegan ingredients served over Sesame Noodles .
Vegan Spring Roll in a Bowl
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil- 1 tablespoon.
- 2 cups Napa Cabbage
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup Carrots
- 1 cup Edamame
- 1 cup Cucumber
- ½ cup Radish
- ¼ cup Green Onion
See post for the sauce and sesame noodle recipes.
- Heat a high sided skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and Napa cabbage to the skillet, tossing the cabbage as needed to coat and even cook. Feel free to add a pinch of salt if desired for flavor. Cook the cabbage for until it begins to wilt, about five to seven minutes, stirring occasionally
- When the cabbage is done cooking, remove the skillet from the heat and allow the cabbage to cool slightly before adding it to the bowls.
- To assemble the bowls, divide the noodles, avocado, carrots, edamame, cucumber, radish, and cabbage between the four bowls. Then top the ingredients with sliced green onion, sesame seeds, and chopped peanuts.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See Foodwineandlove.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!