Mediterranean Diet Sheet Pan Fajitas is a simple one sheet pan meal.
This sheet pan meal is full of fresh vegetables and tastes like restaurant fajitas but, without all of the oil.
Easy Mediterranean Diet Sheet Pan Fajitas
This simple one pan meal features a mix of vegetables and chicken.
You will probably like the convenience of everything baking on one pan as well!
Did you try my recipe for Mediterranean Diet Two Bean Salad?
That easy bean salad is also friendly to the Mediterranean diet. Both this sheet pan fajita and that bean salad would go nicely when served together.
Makes this recipe even better by seasoning the fajitas with fajita seasonings. You can find a selection of fajita seasonings here.
Frequently asked questions about Fajitas.
'Fajitas' are considered to be a 'Tex-Mex' dish.
This means that it is an American, specifically Texan, adaptation of Mexican food, possibly started by Texans who are of Mexican descent.
'Fajitas' refers to a quickly cooked meal made in a cast iron pan .
The meal commonly includes sliced meat, poultry, or fish cooked beside sliced vegetables and served in a tortilla.
Tacos are commonly made with ground beef and served in a hard or soft tortilla.
However, tacos can also be made with chicken, beans or even just vegetables.
The biggest difference between Fajitas and Tacos is that Fajitas are a more simple recipe that is cooked on a stove or oven (broiler). Also, the seasoning used may also be different for the two dishes as fajitas tend to be more 'smokey' in taste while tacos are often made in a tomato based sauce.
To confuse you a bit, tacos can be made with fajita meat, ingredients, and vegetables.
Tips for making fajitas.
When slicing your chicken, slice the chicken into strips. Make the strips small enough to cook fully with the vegetables but, large enough to enjoy.
Here are some more great tips for you.
- Instead of slicing your own chicken into strips, you can purchase a bag of already sliced chicken strips. This can save you a bit of time making this recipe.
- Switch your oven on to broil for the last five minutes of baking. This will give your fajitas a more 'restaurant' like appearance.
- If you are feeling adventurous, try making this recipe in a cast iron pan. You may need to adjust cooking times or use more than one pan if needed.
How to store leftover fajitas.
Store the leftover chicken and vegetables together in an airtight container and refrigerate. If properly stored, they should keep for up to a few days.
By the way, while you are here you may also be interested in these ideas.
- Mediterranean Diet Olive Oil Crackers
- Easy Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Mediterranean Diet Eggplant Caponata
- Easy Avocado Pesto
- Mediterranean Diet Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Bruschetta Pasta Salad
- Mediterranean Diet Summer Potato Salad
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates
Easy Sheet Pan Fajitas Recipe.
This is a one sheet pan meal recipe for making fajitas.
The ingredients include fresh vegetables and sliced chicken breast.
This meal can be made easily in about 30 minutes.
The fajitas can be serve on top of a salad or in a traditional wrap or tortilla.
You can find a selection of healthier tortilla choices here.
Ingredients needed to make Mediterranean Diet Sheet Pan Fajitas
- Olive Oil. Used to bake the ingredients in also also used to add moisture and for flavor.
- Chicken The chicken should be sliced into strips that are about two inches long and a half inch wide. Also, chicken breast is preferred for this recipe. Vegan chicken strips can alternatively be used.
- Bell Peppers. The seeds should be removed and the peppers should be sliced into strips. Using different colored peppers can make your fajitas more interesting.
- Onion. White or yellow onion work well. Also your onion should be sliced thin.
- Lime Juice. Fresh lime juice is preferred.
- Fajita Seasonings.. You can use your own seasonings or a premade mixture of fajita seasonings.
- Tortillas or wraps. for serving.
- Optional- chopped lettuce,sliced tomatoes, grated or shredded cheese, sliced jalapeno peppers, and/or sour cream or tzatziki.
How to make Mediterranean Diet Sheet Pan Fajitas.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Start by slicing and preparing your ingredients.
- Preheat your oven to 350. Then you can prep a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil that is evenly spread (I use a paper towel to spread mine) over the pan.
- Next, in a large bowl, place the chicken, peppers, and onions. Now, give the bowl a quick toss to mix up the ingredients.
- For the next step, you can add half of the remaining oil and half of the seasonings and toss the ingredients again. Again, you can repeat this step (add oil snd seasonings, and then toss again) with what is left. Then add the lime juice and toss the ingredients again.
- First, evenly spread the ingredients on to your prepared baking sheet.
- Then, you can bake the ingredients for ten minutes and then stir them in the pan so that everything gets fully baked.
- Continue to bake until the chicken done and is also no longer pink (about five more minutes).
- Lastly, you can serve the fajitas with your favorite toppings and tortillas.
Expert Tip👉 Broil your ingredients for the last few minutes that they are in the oven to give them a more 'restaurant-like' feel.
👇👇👇 Related recipes you may also be interested in.👇👇👇
In case you missed something.
Mediterranean Diet Sheet Pan Fajitas, a simple one sheet pan recipe for a delicious healthy meal with chicken and vegetables.
Mediterranean Diet Sheet Pan Fajitas,
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil - plus additional for pan
- 1.5 lbs Chicken
- 3 Bell Peppers
- 1 Onion
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 ½ tbsp Seasonings
- Start by slicing and preparing your ingredients.
- Preheat your oven to 350. Prep a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil that is evenly spread (I use a paper towel to spread mine) over the pan.
- Next, in a large bowl, place the chicken, peppers, and onions. Give the bowl a quick toss to mix up the ingredients.
- Add half of the remaining oil and half of the seasonings and toss the ingredients again. Repeat this step with what is left. Then add the lime juice and toss the ingredients again.
- Evenly spread the ingredients on to your prepared baking sheet. Bake the ingredients for ten minutes and then stir them in the pan so that everything gets fully baked. Continue to bake until the chicken is no longer pink (about five more minutes).
Also, please see the actual recipe post for further details on this recipe. Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See Foodwineandlove.com for details on this recipe.
originally posted:February 20, 2023
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to make this recipe, please stop back and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, if you have any tips or tweaks to the recipe to share, please do so in the comment section below. My readers like to stop by periodically for updates on the recipes. However, your tips and tricks are also helpful to others. As a result, please share them.
Looking for a recipe that is not on my site?
Please let me know and I will thus work on getting that recipe for you.
Happy baking, eating, and enjoying life!
Lastly, nutritional Information is only an estimate and thus, can however also, vary especially with ingredients that are used.