Vegan Raspberry Sandwich Cookies are such a tasty treat!
I like that these cookies are so colorful too!
Vegan Raspberry Sandwich Cookies
This is a tasty vegan friendly raspberry filled sandwich cookie.
The cookie is topped with vegan chocolate.
Did you try my recipe for Vegan Chocolate Cookies ?
That vegan cookie is a simple, yet tasty, chocolate cookie.
Both that chocolate cookie and this sandwich cookie would go great together.
Confused about which vegan milk is the best to use in your recipe?
Here is what you need to know about choosing the right vegan milk..
This recipe is especially for anyone asking do vegan cookies taste good.
If you like a good sandwich cookie, this cookie is for you.
This cookie features the crunch and sweetness that makes a cookie so good.
There are vegan ingredients that used instead of the usual cookie ingredients such as eggs.
The crunchy cookie part of this cookie is made with oatmeal, making it a gluten free friendly cookie too.
We are also going to use vegan chocolate to coat the top of the cookie.
This is a vegan oatmeal cookie sandwich cookie.
You can easily ditch the filling in these cookies and enjoy a simple vegan oatmeal cookie.
Or, you could simply top these cookies with the vegan chocolate topping.
However, the fruit based filling in these cookies really makes them extra special.
Certainly the raspberry flavor goes great with the oatmeal cookies.
Also, the red color makes these cookies festive when needed (holidays, Valentines day, etc).
Tips for making vegan cookies.
Perhaps my biggest tip when it comes to making a vegan anything is that you should not expect the results to be exactly like the original nonvegan recipe. It is all about the ingredient replacements, such as the dairy ingredients, that will not be exact.
Here are some more great tips for you.
- Because these are sandwich cookies, you want the outer cookies to be the same size. I suggest that you use a round 2″ cookie cutter or similar item to cut your cookies out with.
- While I am providing you with a vegan ingredient list, it is important that you read the labels on the ingredients that you are using. This will assure that you are using vegan ingredients to make your cookies.
- Vegan white chocolate chips are drizzled on top of the cookies. Adding a drop or two of food coloring can get you the red color as seen on my cookies if you would like colorful cookies.
How to make the vegan raspberry cream center.
To make the center of this cookie you will need:
- Coconut Cream– 1 ½ cups, refrigerated.
- Maple Syrup– 2 tablespoons.
- Vegan White Chocolate Chips– ½ cup or as needed for consistency. The chocolate chips should be melted according the directions on the package.
- Raspberries- ½ cup (drain if frozen)
How to make the raspberry center filling.
Beat the coconut cream until creamy and then add then blend in the maple syrup and the melted chocolate. Lastly, stir in the raspberries by hand,
How to store these vegan sandwich cookies.
These cookies should be stored in an airtight container refrigerator.
If stored correctly they should keep for up to a week.
By the way, while you are here you may also be interested in these ideas.
- Vegan Applesauce Muffins
- Easy Ginger Carrot Soup
- Vegan Sweet Potato Chocolate Cake
- 4 Ingredient Date Balls
- Vegan Sweet Potato Chocolate Truffles
- Mediterranean Diet Vegan Matcha Cookies
- Vegan 3 layer Brownies
- Easy Pumpkin Pie Hummus
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest| Facebook | and Instagram.
Also, subscribe to my weekly newsletter!
About this vegan cookie recipe.
This is a vegan sandwich cookie recipe.
The outer cookie is made with oatmeal and dates.
The recipe for the filling is listed above.
To make the filling you will need raspberries.
If you are using frozen strawberries, make sure that they have been drained to keep the consistency of the filling in tact.
Ingredients needed to make this raspberry cream filled cookies.
- Filling- see recipe above or use the filling recipe of your choice. If you are using my filling recipe, please store it in your refrigerator.
- Medjool Dates- 10 medium sized (about ¾ cup). The dates should have the pits removed and be cut in half. Then soak the dates in warm water for about ten minutes.
- Coconut oil– 1 tablespoon.
- Vanilla Extract– ½ teaspoon.
- Rolled Oats– 1 cup.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips– 1 cup (or as needed), melted, for the using as a topping on the top sandwich cookies.
- Additional white chocolate chips melted as needed for decoration.
How to make Vegan Raspberry Sandwich Cookies
- Make the filling as described above. Feel free to use the filling of your choice as an alternative. Refrigerate the filling until you are ready to use it.
- To make the oatmeal cookies, prep two baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside while you work. Then prepare two more pieces of parchment paper that will be used to roll out the cookie dough with.
- Use a food processor or strong blender. Pulse the drained dates, coconut oil, and vanilla until combined as a paste, stopping as needed to scrap down the sides. Then add the oats and process for 30 seconds. If the ingredients are not fully combined, continue to pulse until combined.
- Transfer the dough to one of the extra pieces of parchment paper that you prepared earlier. Top the dough with the other extra piece of parchment paper and use your rolling pin to roll out the dough to about ½″ thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out circles of the same size.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Place the cookie halves on to the prepared baking sheets. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, flipping them after five minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool before assembling the cookies.
- To cover just the top cookie with the melted chocolate, I suggest that you do this before assembling the cookies. Simple melt the chocolate chips according the package directions and then coat half of the cookies. When the chocolate is hard (you can refrigerate this to speed it up) you can assemble the cookies.
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to make this recipe, please stop back and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, if you have any tips or tweaks to the recipe to share, please do so in the comment section below. My readers like to stop by periodically for updates on the recipes. Reading the comments below is helpful to these readers and hopefully to you too!!
Looking for a recipe that is not on my site?
Please let me know and I will on getting that recipe for you.
Happy baking, eating, and enjoying life!
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used.
Vegan Raspberry Sandwich Cookies , a tasty cookie recipe made with an oatmeal date cookie and raspberry center.
Vegan Raspberry Sandwich Cookies
- 10 Dates - see post for details
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
See post for the filling recipe.
- Prep two baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside while you work. Then prepare two more pieces of parchment paper that will be used to roll out the cookie dough with. Use a food processor or strong blender. Pulse the drained dates, coconut oil, and vanilla until combined as a paste, stopping as needed to scrap down the sides. Then add the oats and process for 30 seconds. If the ingredients are not fully combined, continue to pulse until combined
- Transfer the dough to one of the extra pieces of parchment paper that you prepared earlier. Top the dough with the other extra piece of parchment paper and use your rolling pin to roll out the dough to about ½″ thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out circles of the same size. Preheat the oven to 350. Place the cookie halves on to the prepared baking sheets. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, flipping them after five minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool before assembling the cookies
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See foodwineandlove.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!